Have you found it hard to get good phone deals because you have bad credit? There is a probability that the network providers turned you away because of your bad financial history. Some network providers may also want you to deposit a large sum of money with them before they can give you the latest smartphone.
If this has happened to you, worry not as Compare My Mobile will help you get the best deals on 2019 smartphones.
How Can You Get a Phone Contract When You Have a Bad Credit?
When a customer is applying for a phone contract, they will normally have three possible outcomes:
- The application will be accepted without any hurdles as the client has passed the credit check
- The network or retailer may request you to place an upfront deposit for the iPhone 8. The deposit will then get refunded when the contract comes to an end, or after a certain period of time.
- The network or retailer flat out denies the request
For you to enjoy the benefits that come with having monthly phone plans, you can consider the following tips to ensure that your request for a Huawei P Smart will get accepted upon submission.
- Make sure that your name appears on the electoral roll. It is important for you to sign up to the electoral roll and ensure that you apply for a phone contract using the same address that you put on the roll.
- Consider selecting a more affordable phone. Selecting an expensive phone lowers the chances of having your request accepted. If possible, try to avoid choosing premium devices.
- Do not keep reapplying. If the retailer or phone network refuses your Huawei P Smart request, do not keep reapplying. Every application you submit will eventually reflect on your credit report. It leaves a footprint behind that may come to haunt you later.
- Make sure that you have a normal bank account. Many individuals with poor financial pasts tend to avoid applying for bank accounts as well as debit and credit cards. You need a bank account for you to apply for an iPhone 8 monthly phone contract.
Has the Network Declined Your Application for a Phone Contract? Here’s What You Need to Do
When the network rejects your application for a phone contract, you should start weighing your options. The problem with bad credit is that it cannot go away on its own. This means that for you to get a phone contract, you will need to take action.
The best option is for you to take a SIM only plan. Industry reports indicate that the approval rates for this plan are very high. This type of plan will not only ensure that you will be eligible for a contract phone in the foreseeable future, but it will also help you rebuild your credit history.
Many people do not like the idea of purchasing a cheaper gadget or retaining their old phones. The reality, however, is that unless you can prove to the network that you are in a position to make timely monthly payments, they will not give you the latest smartphone contracts.
Using an older phone for ten to twelve weeks will not be the end of the world for you. It is, in fact, a great way for you to start building a stable platform for the coming months. It will make it possible for you to access the latest smartphones as they are announced by the manufacturers.
Provided you continue making timely payments, the retailer or network will allow you to upgrade within a period of 12 weeks. This is the most recommended course of action for those who have received multiple rejections.